Sunday, July 14, 2013

Wonderful Things Yet to Come


I wanted to make a list of all of the things that I am excited for, places I want to go, things I want to do, things I want to try, etc. in my next two years in England.  Mostly this is because I don't want to forget to do these things while I am on the other side of the pond, so if I try to organize myself a bit and have a list, hopefully these things are a lot more likely to get done.  So here are some of the things I'm looking forward to the most:

  • Seeing David Tennant perform Shakespeare live on my birthday weekend
  • Seeing all the Doctor Who costumes around London on November 23rd
  • Going to the Henley Regatta in Oxfordshire (I think I need to learn some rowing beforehand though...)
  • Going to an Oxford United match.  Also a Manchester United match, for Julia's sake
  • Getting the Beatles tour in Liverpool
  • Seeing where King Arthur was buried in Glastonbury
  • Learning to speak with a British accent
  • Watching a cricket match.  And rugby.
  • Watching a horse race and a polo match.  Most importantly, wearing one of those hats.
  • Learning more about tennis.
  • The West End....going to countless amounts of amazing theater.
  • WALES.
  • SCOTLAND.
  • IRELAND.
  • The rest of Europe...especially Slovenia, Austria, Italy and Southern France.  And everywhere else.
  • SCONES.
  • TEA.
  • Isle of Skye
  • Bodleian Library at Oxford

No comments:

Post a Comment