Thursday, February 2, 2012

Sainte-Chapelle, Arc du Triomphe, etc.

In between the Louvre and Notre-Dame I stopped by another church, Sainte-Chapelle.  It was one of the most impressive things I have ever seen.  It's second story walls are almost completely stained glass, and it is astounding.  I can't even describe how I felt being inside that room!  I had never heard of this church building before, but it is a definite must see for anyone who goes to Paris!  Beautiful!!
The next few pictures are of the city, which I took at various points during the day.  The first two are of the Seine and Ile de la Cite, the island in the Seine where Notre-Dame and Sainte-Chapelle are.  Then, of course, I had to take a picture of my Parisian dinner!  The first course was quiche lorraine, and the second was chicken and potatoes and a salad, with ice cream for dessert!  I ended my first day in Paris at the Arc du Triomphe.  It kind of looked cool lighted up at night, but a part of me wishes I could have seen it in the day too!

No comments:

Post a Comment