Sunday, January 29, 2012

To Carly, on her 28th birthday...

LONDON & PARIS!!!!  So this post will just be a general summary, and I'll devote future posts to each part of my trip in greater detail.  I basically loved every minutes of my trip!!  I'm so so so so so glad that I went!  I spent 3 days in London, then took the train over to Paris and spent 3 days there.  It was such a whirlwind trip, and I did so many things in those few days!  Here's a brief itinerary of things I did/saw:

London Day 1--Tower of London, Tower Bridge, St. Paul's Cathedral, Shakespeare's Globe, British Museum
London Day 2--Trafalgar Square, National Gallery, Twinings Tea Shop, British Library, Abbey Road, Opera at the Royal Opera House
London Day 3--Big Ben, Houses of Parliament, Westminster Abbey, Hyde Park, Kensington Garden, Harrod's, Royal Albert Hall, Afternoon Tea, church
Paris Day 1--Louvre, Sainte-Chapelle, Notre-Dame, Parisian dinner
Paris Day 2--Versailles, Les Invalides, Musee d'Orsay, Eiffel Tower, Parisian dinner
Paris Day 3--Shopping on Rue Cler, Opera Garnier, Parisian picnic lunch, Place Bastille, Place de Voges, Victor Hugo House

My number one favorite thing was going to the Opera in London.  My next favorite things were Opera Garnier, Eiffel Tower, National Gallery and Louvre.  Things I'd probably never do again are Tower of London and Musee d'Orsay.  And my biggest regret is perhaps not drinking more tea in London.  My initial impression of London was that it wasn't very British...I heard way more accents from other countries than I heard British accents, which saddened me greatly since I LOVE the British accent.  My initial reaction to Paris was (and I quote):  "Oh...my...gosh....How is this even real?!?!?!?"  I loved the architecture so much in Paris, it was amazing!  I'll try to be good at updating my blog quickly with more details and pictures of each piece of my trip!

1 comment:

  1. Crazy jealous over here. Seriously. What a fantastic b-day present to yourself!

    ReplyDelete