Thursday, November 12, 2009

Romans 8

So I have been having a really rough week, struggling a lot with school and other things. Tonight I was feeling really down, lonely and broken, so in my nightly prayer I asked God for help so that I wouldn’t feel so hopeless and overwhelmed. After my prayer I opened the Scriptures, and I turned right to Romans 8, which is my favorite chapter of all the Scriptures. It was the most amazing answer to my prayer: v.18 “For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us”…v.24-25 “For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for? But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it”…v.28 “And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God…”…v.31 “What shall we say then to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?”…v.35-39 “Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution…Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. For I am persuaded that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” I am so grateful that I know that I am a daughter of God, and that He loves me and will support me through my trials. I am grateful that I can talk to my Heavenly Father through prayer, and that I can receive His guidance through His words in the Scriptures!

Questa settimana è stata molto difficile per me, sono stata lottando con la scuola e con altre cose. Stanotte mi sentivo molto depressa, sola e spezzata, quindi ho fatto la mia preghiera di notte e ho chiesto aiuto da Dio affinché non mi sentissi così disperata e travolta. Dopo la preghiera ho aperto le Scritture ai Romani 8, il qual capitolo è il mio preferito in tutte le Scritture. Questo capitolo è stato la risposta più incredibile alla mia preghierea: v.18 “Perché io stimo che le sofferenze del tempo presente non siano punto da paragonare con la gloria che ha da essere manifestata a nostro riguardo”…v.24-25 “Poiché noi siamo stati salvati in isperanza. Or la speranza di quel che si vede non è speranza; difatti, quello che uno vede, perché lo spererebbe egli ancora? Ma se speriamo quel che non vediamo, noi l’aspettiamo con pazienza”…v.28 “Or noi sappiamo che tutte le cose cooperano al bene di quelli che amano Dio…”…v.31 “Che diremo dunque a queste cose? Se Dio è per noi, che sarà contro di noi?”…v.35-39 “Chi ci separerà dall’amore di Cristo? Sarà forse la tribulazione, o la distretta, o la persecuzione…anzi, in tutte queste cose siam più che vincitori, in virtù di colui che ci ha amati. Poiché io son persuaso che né morte né vita, né angeli, né principati, né cose presenti né cose future, né potestà, né altezza, né profondità, né alcun’altra creatura potranno separarci dall’amore di Dio, che è in Cristo Gesù, nostro Signore.” Sono molto grata di sapere che io sono una figlia di Dio e che mi ama e mi aiuterà con la mia avversità. Sono grata che posso parlare con mio Padre Celeste tramite la preghiera e che posso ricevere la Sua guida tramite le Sue parole nelle Scritture!

No comments:

Post a Comment