Friday, July 16, 2010

Goodbye Boston

So today I left Boston forever and moved across the country. It’s such a weird feeling. The only thing I can compare it to is like waking up suddenly and realizing that you’re not in Narnia anymore. I feel as if this past year was a dream, or a figment of my imagination. Did it really just happen? It’s always so hard to move to a new place. I always feel like I’m leaving a part of me behind, a part of me that I’ll never find again. It’s a part of me that I wish I could share with other people, but I know that they would never understand. I can tell them about the good times and the hard times, but they won’t really be able to internalize it, to feel the joy, to feel the despair. I’m off to start a brand new adventure again, and just like all the moves before I’ll end up a completely different person when I’m done. It’s such an interesting feeling, to be standing at the threshold of such a pivotal point in my life, looking out at the future knowing I can never go back and that I’m about to become someone that I can’t even imagine yet. In the immortal words of Jon Foreman: “Life begins at the intersection.”


Oggi sono partita da Boston per sempre è sono traslocata nell’altro lato del paese. È così strano traslocare. L’unica cosa con che lo posso paragonare è svegliare all’improviso e rendersi conto che non sono più in Narnia. Mi sento che questo ultimo anno è stato un sogno, che questo è tutta una mia invenzione. Davvero è successo? È sempre molto difficile traslocare ad un luogo nuovo. Mi sento che lascio dietro una parte di me, una parte di me che non ritrovò mai più. È una parte di me che voglio condividere con altre persone, ma già so che non possono capire. Posso dire loro di tutti i buoni tempi e di tutte le esperienze difficili , ma non possono interiorizzarlo come io l’ho fatto, o sentire la gioia che ho sentito, o sentire la disperazione che ho avuto. Sto cominciando una nuova avventura, è come gli altri traslochi, diventerò una nuova persona. È molto interesante essere qui in questo punto della vita così cruciale, imaginando il futuro, sapendo che non posso ritornare mai. Come ha detto Jon Foreman: “La vita comincia all’incrocio”.

No comments:

Post a Comment