Sunday, November 3, 2013

I need Hermione's Time Turner, ASAP

This week and weekend, despite having quite a few days off, I decided to stay in Oxford.  I thought maybe I'd have time to explore a bit, and I'd get a chance to finally do some things on my to-do list that I've been meaning to do for ages.  Oh silly Carly...it turns out there is never enough time to do anything.  I suppose I explored a bit of Oxford.  I did quite a bit of shopping (and even got ALL of my Christmas/Birthday shopping done for family, slipping in a few presents for myself along the way...), so I've learned more about the shopping atmosphere of the city, and stores that are useful to know.  And I did go to Afternoon Tea with some classmates, and that was lovely.  But other than that, I feel like very little got accomplished.  I think the problem with my to-do list is that the items aren't things I can do once, and then check off forever.  They are things that theoretically I should be doing every day, like working out, or practicing my violin.  But I have like 25 of these things on my to-do list, and it's a miracle if I get 3 things done in one day.  I can't even comprehend where this time is going.  I made a list in my journal last night of all the things that I wish I was able to do in a day, and it was so ridiculous how many things there were I thought I'd share:

Study for school (not actually happening often.....which is probably not good...)
Bake
Cook
Shop
Play the Violin
Travel
Clean my Room
Be social with classmates
Attend YSA activities
Watch BBC TV shows
Plan adventures
Workout
Read for Fun
Review my journals
Help out with selling my dad's things
Explore Oxford
Decorate for Christmas
Plan my Christmas holiday/vacation
Email friends
Talk to family
Study Scriptures
Get involved in Football
Go to the Temple
Do Family History
Have a "beauty routine"
Play board and card games
Go to bed early
Nap
Crochet
Blog, both this one and my new food blog, Bake Free
Serve others
Be a missionary
Improve my Italian before my placement in January
Learn German
Learn Slovenian
Learn French
Re-learn Romanian
Take time to Relax

Oh life.  It's a good thing I'm not married with like 5 kids right now.  I don't even know how I'd cope.  But seriously, as soon as someone invents Hermione's Time Turner in real life, I need it ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment