Saturday, November 3, 2012

Uffizi and Accademia


When I blogged about my trip to London and Paris, I loved that I had pictures of my favorite paintings, and I wished that I had done that with other places I've been, because when all is said and done, I've seen a massive amount of famous art.  So I decided to try and remember my favorites from the places I've been, starting with the great Uffizi Museum in Florence, Italy.

First my favorite painting of all time, The Annunciation by Leonardo Da Vinci:


I also really loved the Botticelli paintings a lot more than I thought I would.  They are so impressive in person!  First is The Birth of Venus, and then Primavera



The rest are in no particular order:
Raphael--Madonna of the Goldfinch


 Durer--Adoration of the Magi


Titan--Venus of Urbino



Lippi--Madonna col Bambino e due Angeli


Sassoferrato--Madonna in Sorrow


Michelangelo--Doni Tondo


I also went to the Accademia while in Florence, and clearly the most important thing to see there was Michelangelo's David.




I was impressed by quite a few other sculptures while there, but I can't remember what they were.  Perhaps my favorite part of this museum though, was the section of musical instruments.  It was fantastic!!  I got to see the oldest piano in existence, created by Cristofori himself!  There was also an old Stradivari violin!  It was a beautiful part of the Accademia museum!



No comments:

Post a Comment