Thursday, March 3, 2011

Answer

The other day I was having a "woe is me" kind of moment. In that moment I said a prayer, wishing that someone would somehow reach out to me, in a email or message or phone call. I didn't think though that it would happen, because I had just talked to my mom, brother and sister the day before on the phone, so I doubted that anyone would call. Shortly after my prayer however, my phone started to ring. It was my Dad. This was a miraculous answer to a prayer. We just had a short conversation, nothing epic was said, but my dad did let me know that he prayed often for me. That really meant a lot to me, because I knew that it was true. I don't know how involved my dad still is in the gospel, but I do know that he still has a testimony. He doesn't go to church, he doesn't keep a number of the commandments, and I'm not sure if he ever reads the scriptures. But I do know that he is praying, and that he does know that God exists. Though it wasn't the answer that I thought I wanted at first, I am so grateful that it was my dad who was sensitive enough to the spirit to know that I needed a phone call at that moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment