Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Battle Abbey

Yesterday I went to Battle Abbey, the spot where, in 1066 AD, William the Conqueror came over and conquered England.  They have a very nice area set up over there to visit, with a neat little museum/information center, and then a path around the field where the battle took place, and also all of the ruins of the Abbey from it's various forms from the past 1000 years.  I think it was one of my favorite places that I've visited here in England.  It had a mixture of everything that makes days out in England so enjoyable:  some history, some nature, some culture, and of course a nice tea room on location.  It was really interesting to learn about the history of the battle and the two sides that were fighting.  It helped me understand England's history a little bit better!  Here a just a few of the gorgeous pictures that I took while looking around!


































No comments:

Post a Comment