Thursday, May 26, 2011

Family

I have been really really really wanting a pet lately. A snow leopard is always preferable, but in this case I've been wanting a dog. I realized that part of my wanting a pet comes from the fact that I want to have a family member here with me, and since my brother and sister and parents have their own lives to lead, the only option left would be to get a dog. Growing up, our dogs were always like members of the family. The best part is that they always love you. When I was in the middle of failing out of school and crying on the phone to my mom, she made the comment "Why can't everyone be like Nora? (my little sister's dog) She has unconditional love. She is always there waiting at the door for you to come home, and she's always so excited to see you. Why can't people be like that?" At first I was confused at what this had to do with being kicked out of physical therapy school, but as I ponder it now I realize that it is true. Why can't we be more loving of each other? That really is all that people need. They need people who are always excited to see them when the walk in the door, people who have been waiting for them all day. People who love you no matter what. In short, we all need more family members in our life. We need to treat others like our family, because in reality, we all are members of the same family. We are all brothers and sisters, and children of our Heavenly Father. And we probably all need pets in our life too. If only I lead a stable lifestyle and could get a dog!





3 comments:

  1. Carly I want a dog too! We should move close to each other and become old single "dog ladies" - I can't be a cat lady because I'm allergic to them, so I can't have more than one or two at a time hahaha :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I've never wanted to be a cat lady either, but I could do a dog lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, I like the pictures! Also this reminded me of the song We Need Each Other by Sanctus Real. Did I give you that one?

    ReplyDelete