Monday, November 5, 2012

Museo Nacional de Bellas Artes de Buenos Aires


I went to this museum on P-Day on my mission.  Honestly the only thing that I actually remember from the museum was Rodin's Kiss, which from that instant became my favorite sculpture of all time.

The rest of the paintings though didn't really impact me all that much.  I do remember seeing a lot of famous names, and being awed by the fact that I was actually seeing stuff by famous people, but I can't say I loved the paintings all that much.  I did like a lot of nature pieces, which I found out later where mostly done by Pueyrredon:

Bosque de Palermo

Costa del Rio de la Plata

Paisaje (Suiza)

Paisaje de la Costa (San Isidro)

Manuelita Rosas

Malharro also had some nature scenes that were enjoyable, Paisaje and Las Parvas


The rest of these are by famous people that I probably should have cared more about:

Degas--Deux dauseuses jaunes et rosa

Courbet--Julieta Courbet a la edad de 10 anos

Van Gogh--Le Moulin de la Galette

Pisano--Santa Conversacion

Gauguin--Woman by the Sea

Rubens--Sagrada Familia con Santa Isabel

Manet--Surprised Nymph

Carcova--Naturaleza en silencio

No comments:

Post a Comment